Friday, February 27, 2009

6 weeks (part 2)

So I realized after I sent the blog yesterday that I forgot to post an update on Patrick's cold. He has been feeling much better this week, it took about 1 complete week to notice a change...but he so generously gave his cold to his mommy & daddy (which we will gladly accept in order to keep him healthy)!! He spent most of last weekend catching up on the sleep that he was lacking and that must have done the trick. Matt and I are feeling better, it hasn't taken us quite as long to get over "the junk" [thank goodness].

Patrick's new "trick" this week is he is really working hard at holding his head up and doing very well at it...sometimes he looks like he's trying to "head-bang" us, but over-all he is able to hold it up for quite a while!! Also, he is starting to smile at us a little more (and I don't think it's just gas anymore)!! That is the best thing ever, especially since he is really responding to our voices!!

Like I said in yesterday's post Patrick has been sleeping on his own (in his own crib/room) for 1 week now...and that has his "big brother" Hobbs very happy because he can now sneak into our bed again in the middle of the night!! (We slept much lighter when Patrick was in our bed for the first few weeks, and would know when Hobbs would make his "not-so-sneaky" attempt at snuggling in our bed)!!

All of that extra sleep has helped him to grow.. (tear...) since he is now able to wear 0-3 month clothes (they are still a little big, but he is growing into them)!! Not too much longer and the newborn clothes and diapers will be a thing of the past! Time is flying by... that is something that everyone tells you, but you never can truly grasp until you watch a small child grow! (I really am starting to sound like a sappy mom)!! :) O-well there are worse things in life I suppose!!

Enjoy!!

He was all smiles for me this morning!!

These next photos are of Patrick's new (0-3 month) jammies.. he is getting so big!!



Patrick & his daddy


So this is how we both feel about the 0-3 month jammies finally fitting him... :)

No comments: