Thursday, April 30, 2009

Catch up...

So I just realized that it has been a couple of weeks since I last blogged. I can't believe it, well really I can because it has been a busy couple of weeks.

To catch up, Matt went to Chicago to visit his friends the weekend after Easter and had a great time... yes he did manage to make it to his 2nd Cubs game (vs. the Cardinals) and it was a great day because they won in extra innings... GO CUBS!! Instead of Patrick and I staying in Boone all alone for the weekend, we made our first trip alone to stay at Grandma & Papa Kauz's house in Centerville. Patrick was a great traveler... he didn't make a peep the whole way there and back! He loved being spoiled, and I think the family loved spoiling him :)


Last weekend my friend from ultrasound school got married in Eau Claire, Wisconsin (approximately 5 1/2 hours from Boone). We made our first family trip for a weekend out of state. It was good time had by all, Patrick was again a good traveler (thank goodness) and was so good the whole weekend. It was a great time with my friends and a good chance to see my friends (after far too long) and show off my little guy!

This week Matt and I both came down with terrible colds, but are on the mend... and almost back to 100%. Somehow Patrick has managed to stay healthy, and we are praying to keep it that way! He is getting ready for his "big day". His baptism is this Sunday morning. I am hoping that he will sleep right through it, that's is normal nap-time...so we can only hope...

So now you see that we have stayed busy these last few weeks...but it's been great, Patrick is still managing to make us smile everyday as he has been the happiest baby...constantly "talking" and smiling...even at 3 AM when he is ready to get up for the day (that has been his new thing lately)...but still sleeping at least 8 hours at a time, Mommy really likes that! Such a big boy!



Patrick chillin' out during bathtime, I stopped using the "sling" that held him up out of the water... and now he is loving sitting in the water, he kicks constantly and talks the entire time. It is so cute.
Patrick showing off his big blue eyes and his cute little smirk

The Mayo girls were reunited.. Jessica made a beautiful bride...and we had a great day together!
Jenny & I
The girls, (me, Jenny, Kate, Sara (& baby) and Heather)

No comments: