Well I haven't posted to our blog in a few weeks... nothing really new going on in our lives, well other than my baby learning new things daily! Patrick is still sampling solid foods, though we're back to only rice cereal because I wasn't sure the vegetables were agreeing with him. So I will try those again later. He seems to like the process, though I'm not sure he really likes the taste... but he always leans in for more!
Sometimes he eats in his Bumbo at the table (see the pictures below). It makes him look so small, but I think he really likes to sit with us at the table. Other days he sits like a big boy in his highchair. Though I think he really just enjoys playing with his toys in the highchair! Such a big boy...though he looks so small in his big highchair!
This week our friend Pamela babysat Patrick during the day as our daycare provider's son had "emergency" brain surgery in Iowa City. It's a long story, but he is 3 years old, and was a preemie (born at 26 weeks) and he has had continued to have health concerns...but this time it involved his brain shunt and fluid accumulation around his brain. Long story short, he is home and doing fine, thank goodness...but we were without daycare all week. So Pam is my friend that we met through the hospital and prenatal classes and her and her husband (Michael) had Ian 2 weeks before Patrick. She is able to stay at home with Ian right now and it worked out well for us. Thank goodness Patrick was on his best behavior when she watched him and I think Patrick and Ian had a great time. See the photos they even held hands! Ian used to be significantly bigger than Patrick, but I think that Patrick is catching up to Ian these days!
Sometimes he eats in his Bumbo at the table (see the pictures below). It makes him look so small, but I think he really likes to sit with us at the table. Other days he sits like a big boy in his highchair. Though I think he really just enjoys playing with his toys in the highchair! Such a big boy...though he looks so small in his big highchair!
This week our friend Pamela babysat Patrick during the day as our daycare provider's son had "emergency" brain surgery in Iowa City. It's a long story, but he is 3 years old, and was a preemie (born at 26 weeks) and he has had continued to have health concerns...but this time it involved his brain shunt and fluid accumulation around his brain. Long story short, he is home and doing fine, thank goodness...but we were without daycare all week. So Pam is my friend that we met through the hospital and prenatal classes and her and her husband (Michael) had Ian 2 weeks before Patrick. She is able to stay at home with Ian right now and it worked out well for us. Thank goodness Patrick was on his best behavior when she watched him and I think Patrick and Ian had a great time. See the photos they even held hands! Ian used to be significantly bigger than Patrick, but I think that Patrick is catching up to Ian these days!
Patrick & Ian holding hands like best buds!
No comments:
Post a Comment