Thursday, February 25, 2010

February 2010

February has been a relatively uneventful month in our home. As you will see in the photos I had a birthday (yes, the big 2-8). Patrick did a great job helping me to eat birthday cake.

He turned 13 months in February, and is learning so many new things daily. He talks a lot these days (Mama, Dada, DOG, No-no-dog, balloon, ball, hot, cool, what's that?, and go) are among some of his favorites. We gave up the bottle at the end of January and he did great with it. (Thank goodness!!) Patrick has made us scramble lately since he doesn't like cows milk...we have resorted to Almond Milk and Rice Milk, neither of which I care for...but are better than nothing. He doesn't just walk anymore he's running (kind of) with a lot of falls along the way. He is getting very independent and does have his father's stubbornness!!!!

It's great to watch him grow and change every day.

Matt and I are headed South tomorrow to Costa Rica for 8 days. We are going with 2 other couples, it should be a good time...though we are very nervous about leaving Patrick at home. He will be in good hands between the grandparents and Auntie Stephie! I can't wait to see all the new stuff (hopefully all good) that he learns while we are gone! We'll post pictures when we get back!






I don't know why Patrick loves to play with all of my disposable dinnerware...but he thought this bowl was a hat, in fact it's still in his toy box!



I got Patrick a drum/music set the other day. He seems to enjoy playing the drum the best. I thought it would be good since he loves to bang on bowls with spoons. It's a good time!

No comments: