I realize that it's been over-due to post Christmas photos...but it's been super busy around here lately and Patrick's busy, busy, busy... That leaves me very little time to blog in the evenings...
Christmas went well...it was very cold and "wintery" weather...I was worried we wouldn't even make it South for Christmas, but we did and as always it was great to see all of our family. Patrick didn't really seem to interested in Christmas, after one present was opened he was done. He just wanted to play with that, I hear that's typical for that age, guess it keeps things cheap!! :) His favorite gifts were, a ball, his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse mini-couch, a wagon and kangaroo climber...though those are still both at grandparent's homes because we didn't have room to get them back!!
Around Christmas time Patrick started to walk more than crawl...this is so cute to watch because he holds his arms in the air (looks like he's signalling a touchdown). We have many falls, but he's getting the hang of it. Naturally, this makes child-proofing much more challenging. He loves to crawl into the cupboards which drives his daddy nuts.... o-well he's exploring!
Patrick is saying many more words these days, of which the most unique is "clock". We don't really know where he learned it, but at daycare he loves her clock by the door (nothing special about it, but just noticed it everyday). So we find every clock in each room, and he'll point to it and say "clock"! It's so cute! Other words we hear often, dog, da-da, ma-ma, no-no-no (that's so cute because he shakes his head at you....he also will point at the dog and say no-no dog...guess I've said that one too many times in front of him).
Patrick is all boy when it comes to his appetite. I joke that we aren't going to be able to afford him as a teenager because I really have yet to find any foods that he won't eat...and I guess his tummy shows that he's an eater...We had him to the doctor this week (2nd ear infection :( ) but his weight with clothes on was 24lbs... which seems so big since about 1 year ago he was only 7lbs :)... We are just happy to be blessed with a healthy child!!
I think that will catch us up to now...we are getting ready for Patrick's 1st birthday, January, 15th. Time has flown by... and we've loved every minute of it. Here's to a happy and healthy 2010! Enjoy the picture over-load!
Patrick is so excited to take a bath in the evenings...he waits (not so patiently) by the tub until he get him undressed...yes, he was gotten himself into the tub on a couple of occasions without us (luckily the tub was empty at those times...).... I liked this photo to show off our littlest Hawkeye fan!! :)


Daddy & Patrick on New Years



He had so much fun watching everyone open the presents on Christmas!!

This is his sneaky face...
Patrick & Madeline
Patrick was showing off his sweet dance moves at Grandma Pat's house on Christmas Eve...



Aunt Stephie got Patrick a tunnel, which he loves...it's hilarious to watch him chase his ball through it...

Dad had Patrick sitting on the presents Christmas morning...Patrick loved it...

Christmas Eve...
Patrick was sporting his cammo bibs...

This is a regular hiding spot for Patrick... :)


Christmas went well...it was very cold and "wintery" weather...I was worried we wouldn't even make it South for Christmas, but we did and as always it was great to see all of our family. Patrick didn't really seem to interested in Christmas, after one present was opened he was done. He just wanted to play with that, I hear that's typical for that age, guess it keeps things cheap!! :) His favorite gifts were, a ball, his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse mini-couch, a wagon and kangaroo climber...though those are still both at grandparent's homes because we didn't have room to get them back!!
Around Christmas time Patrick started to walk more than crawl...this is so cute to watch because he holds his arms in the air (looks like he's signalling a touchdown). We have many falls, but he's getting the hang of it. Naturally, this makes child-proofing much more challenging. He loves to crawl into the cupboards which drives his daddy nuts.... o-well he's exploring!
Patrick is saying many more words these days, of which the most unique is "clock". We don't really know where he learned it, but at daycare he loves her clock by the door (nothing special about it, but just noticed it everyday). So we find every clock in each room, and he'll point to it and say "clock"! It's so cute! Other words we hear often, dog, da-da, ma-ma, no-no-no (that's so cute because he shakes his head at you....he also will point at the dog and say no-no dog...guess I've said that one too many times in front of him).
Patrick is all boy when it comes to his appetite. I joke that we aren't going to be able to afford him as a teenager because I really have yet to find any foods that he won't eat...and I guess his tummy shows that he's an eater...We had him to the doctor this week (2nd ear infection :( ) but his weight with clothes on was 24lbs... which seems so big since about 1 year ago he was only 7lbs :)... We are just happy to be blessed with a healthy child!!
I think that will catch us up to now...we are getting ready for Patrick's 1st birthday, January, 15th. Time has flown by... and we've loved every minute of it. Here's to a happy and healthy 2010! Enjoy the picture over-load!
He had so much fun watching everyone open the presents on Christmas!!
This is his sneaky face...
Christmas Eve...
1 comment:
SO cute!! That picture of him and Madeline, he looks SO much like you when you were little. It is like I totally remember of pic of you looking just like that. He is getting so big, and is just a doll!!!!
Post a Comment